Everyone has a story to tell
Yep, you do too. And we want to tell it. Before submitting your story, make sure:
- The story is about you/an experience you encountered. You cannot tell a story on someone else's behalf
- It is not about your business or organization (how you started it, etc).
How to submit your story:
We accept stories two different ways:
- Call (510) 768-7532 on your phone
- Before you begin, say:
- Your first name
- Last name
- The city and state you live in
- Why you want to tell this story
- Tell us what happened in your story.
What makes a good story?
Here are some guidelines to set you up for success!
Your story should be about one specific event. Avoid “life stories,” “career stories,” or “this is how I started my business” stories.
Make sure your story is not be about the time you avoided something (like getting into trouble). That's called an "almost" story, and likely won't make it onto the show.
Know why you want to share your story. What did you learn, or how did you change after this happened to you?
If you were to tell your story to a friend, it shouldn't take you longer than 5-10 minutes.\